• JazzMonthly.com is an online publication of interviews, new releases, reviews, news and entertainment covering all genres of Jazz and Blues.
• Our “Features" provide an insight into the experiences, efforts and opportunities of Artists and their rise to recognition in the field of Jazz.
•Also featured, are industry professionals that have made major contributions in shaping and re-shaping the music world as we see it today.
A full-service advertising, publishing and marketing firm
• MEDIA PLANNING & BUYING
• DIRECT MARKETING
• AUDIO/VIDEO PRODUCTION
• MUSIC PUBLISHING
PRESIDENT - Ren Media Publishing, Inc
Joe Kurasz, a music educator for over 45 years, includes work with many composers and industry professionals:
• Denny Diante ( Barbra Streisand, Tina Turner, BB King…)
• Alan Menken ( composer of Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Beauty and the Beast…)
• Dave Wilkes (Barry Manilow, Ringo Starr, Joan Baez…)
• Bill Aucoin ( Manager of KISS, Billy Idol…)
• Joey Quarles ( Mary J. Blige, Madonna, Aerosmith…)
• Gary Anderson (composer- Guiding Light, Family Feud, All My Children….)
• Cab Calloway
...plus appearances ranging from film soundtracks to reality television and daytime soaps.
Joe composed music on THE BRAVEST, a show on CBS. Applauded by the viewing public as the first series to accurately portray real life firefighters in real-life situations. Joe also composed music for B SMITH WITH STYLE which airs on NBC and was a composer for THE GUIDING LIGHT.
Joe is also the recipient of a H.E.A.R.T. Grant awarded to develop and conduct workshops for high school students on the topic "From Idea To Song".
Composed original song "Intergeneration" performed by New Jersey Intergenerational Orchestra at Lincoln Center and on NBC's "4 Stories" Television Show.
Joe has also received credit for his contribution to Disney's 4 CD box set "The Music Behind The Magic" featuring composer Alan Menken and lyricists Tim Rice and the late Howard Ashman.
Invited to perform original music from his showcase CD at the Maui Music Festival in Hawaii.
His music (Hammond B3, Piano) is featured on Jazz radio stations internationally. The Jazz Improvisation series using the Hammond B3 introduces mathematical logic to all materials of music and their functions. B3 Series Introduction Video.
Joe has also owned and operated an advertising and marketing company since 1982. It was here where he produced radio commercials, and designed newspaper/magazine advertisements in the New York/New Jersey Markets (presently Ren Media Publishing, Inc.).
In 1994 Joe formed Ren Music, Inc., an independent record label and was invited to perform at the Maui Music Festival in 1995. JazzMonthly.com was created in 2006 (which Joe is the designer & web master). With his team's combined knowledge and talents, Joe and his contributors are making JazzMonthly.com one of the most informative sites on the web.